Advisory to Indian nationals in Jordan
You are aware that several regional countries, including Jordan are part of the US-led military action against terrorist organizations in Syria and Iraq. At this time, the Embassy has no specific information on potential threats posed against Indian nationals in Jordan. However, considering the prevailing gravity of the situation and the advice rendered publicly by the local authorities, the Embassy recommends that all Indian citizens living in Jordan maintain heightened vigilance and take standard precautions, and avoid public and crowded places.The Embassy will further update on the advisory as the situation unfolds.
[Dated: September, 30, 2014]
Embassy of India
Majali discusses security cooperation with Indian ambassador
Petra | Sep 07, 2014 | 23:31
AMMAN — Interior Minister Hussein Majali and India’s Ambassador to Jordan Anil Trigunayat on Sunday discussed ways to develop bilateral ties and foster cooperation in areas of security and police work. They also discussed current regional developments.
Majali stressed the importance of expertise exchange as a means to foster regional stability and combat crime.
For his part, the Indian ambassador underscored Jordan’s role in securing regional stability and security, commending the Kingdom’s policies and Jordanians’ awareness of the threat of terrorism. He also stressed the importance of launching more cooperation programmes to boost tourism, economy and security ties.
1. H.E. Mr. Anil Trigunayat, Ambassador of the Republic of India to the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan called on H.E. Dr. (Mrs.) Lana Mamkegh, Jordanian Minister of Culture, on 10th July, 2014.
3. The discussions further included the celebration of the 65th year of diplomatic ties between India and Jordan in 2015 by means of enhanced cultural interaction between the two countries and by organizing various events such as exhibitions showcasing traditional art and craft, film festivals etc. Honorable Minister appreciated and agreed to provide full support and impetus.
1. H.E. Mr. Anil Trigunayat, Ambassador of the Republic of India to the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan called on H.E. Dr. Hatem Al-Halawani, Minister of Industry, Trade & Supply on 2nd July, 2014.
Foreign Office Consultations between India and Jordan
Foreign Office Consultations between India and Jordan were held on 1st April, 2014, in Amman after a gap of over eight years. H.E. Mr. Anil Wadhwa, Secretary [East], Ministry of External Affairs, Government of India led the Indian delegation; and the Jordanian delegation was headed by H.E. Ambassador Mohammad Taisir Masadeh, Secretary General [SG] in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Expatriate Affairs of the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan.
April 1, 2014
Electronic Indian Postal Order [e-IPO]-extension of service to Indian Citizens residing in India
The Department of Personnel and Training and Department of Posts have earlier launched a service called e-IPO (Electronic Indian Postal Order) to enable Indian Citizens abroad to purchase an Indian Postal Order electronically by paying fee on-line through e-Post Office Portal i.e. http://www.epostoffice.gov.in . This facility has, henceforth, been extended to Indian citizens residing in India also to facilitate them to seek information from the CPIOs under the RTI Act, 2005 by purchasing e-IPO through using debit or credit cards of any Bank powered by Visa/Master.
2. The User needs to get himself/herself registered at the website. He/she has to select the Ministry/Department from whom he/she desires to seek the information under the RTI Act and the e-IPO so generated can be used to seek information from that Ministry/Department only. A printout of the e-IPO is required to be attached with the RTI application. If the RTI application is being filed electronically, e-IPO is required to be attached as an attachment.
This facility is only for purchasing an Indian Postal Order Electronically. All the requirements for filing an RTI application as well as other provisions regarding eligibility, time limit, exemptions etc. will continue to apply. An e-IPO so generated must be used only once with an RTI application.
3. A link to e-Post Office Portal is http://www.epostoffice.gov.in
Celebration of ITEC Day
Flag hoisting Ceremony and Reception on the occasion of the 65th Republic Day of India
The 65th Republic Day of India was celebrated by the Embassy of India, Amman, on the 26th January, 2014 (Sunday). On the occasion of the Republic Day, flag hoisting ceremony was held at the Embassy’s Residence where the National Flag was unfurled by Ambassador Dash followed by singing of the National Anthem. Ambassador Dash read-out the President’s Message to the nation on the eve of the Republic Day-2014 in the presence of strong attendance from all section of the societies including eminent persons, friends of India, Persons of Indian Origin and members of the Mission and their family members.
Later in the evening, Ambassador of India Shri R.R Dash and Smt. Rita Dash hosted a Reception at the InterContinental Hotel (Grand Ballroom), Amman, where, among others, members of the diplomatic corps, bureaucrats, professionals, eminent persons, high ranking officers from Ministries and Friends of India participated, along with all members of the Mission and their spouses.
1. The concerned Jordanian authority has informed that all foreign nationals working in Jordan without valid work permits will be apprehended and deported back to their respective countries.
2. In this connection, all Indian nationals working in Jordan are urged to get their work permits validated to avoid detention and deportation.
Embassy of India, Amman